AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Richmond County deputies responded to the scene of a reported shooting at the Augusta Mall.
Two men were involved in an altercation when one pulled a gun.
A struggle over the gun began and one of the men was shot several times.
20-year-old Aubrey Adams, a bystander, was also hit by one of the rounds. Her injuries are not life threatening.
The man shot in the altercation as well as the woman were transported to the hospital.
We’re told the male victim, 26-year-old Derell Little was taken to Doctors Hospital by EMS. He died just before 6:00 p.m. An autopsy will be done at the GBI Lab Monday.
37-year-old Tony Burton has now been charged with Murder, Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Crime. He’s currently being held at the Webster Detention Center.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- You can now take home more of your favorite SC craft beer from the brewery
- Suspect wanted in Schenectady, NYC homicides nabbed in Philadelphia
- New Piedmont Prompt Care facility to benefit those in rural Columbia County
- Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce receives grant for Students2Work Program
- City of Augusta updating residents on computer system outage
- Augusta goes into legal session to talk cyber attack, but officials don’t talk after
- Man found shot dead outside home in Jefferson County
- Lawmakers decry defense spending cap amid war in Ukraine