WAYNESBORO, Ga.(WJBF) - On Tuesday investigators in Burke County responded to an armed robbery on Perry Street at 8th Street.
The name of the victim was 68-year-old Henry Daniels, who was closing a store when he was approached by two black men who brandished a weapon and demanded his money.
One of the suspects struck Daniels in the head and face.
Daniels was injured and the suspects fled the scene and the amount of money stolen is undetermined at this time.
However, Daniels shot the two suspects with his shotgun.
He was later treated at the Burke Medical Center.
The two suspects were juveniles, taken to Augusta University Medical Center and are facing charges.
The Waynesboro Police Department and the Burke County Sheriff's Office along with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) are all investigating the case.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect