(AUGUSTA) WJBF – The Richmond County School System has released a statement concerning the coronavirus and the safety of students, faculty, and staff.
“Due to public health concerns surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, the Richmond County School System has postponed events to ensure the health and safety of students, staff, and the community.
All athletic events are postponed until further notice.
Public hearings, kindergarten round-up, the special education transition fair, the
job fair, and other school system sponsored events are postponed until further
At this time, Richmond County has no confirmed cases of coronavirus and
school will remain open. As the situation changes or more information becomes
available, decisions on school closures will be made at that time.”
School leaders want to reiterate that Richmond County Schools are not closed.
NewsChannel6 will continue to monitor this story.
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Augusta looks at spraying vacant lots to slow growth
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise