AUGUSTA (WJBF) – A Richmond County deputy is recovering from an accident this morning.
Around 8:15, Monday morning, Deputy Phillip Wasson was riding his Sheriff’s Office motorcycle traveling north on Dean’s Bridge Road when a vehicle towing a trailer pulled out from the Richmond County Landfill into the path of the Deputy causing the collision.
Deputy Wasson was transported to Augusta University Medical Center for various injuries. He was discharged from the hospital and is recovering at home.
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- Augusta bar braces for restrictions as re-opening nears
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic
- Jennie: Endometriosis workbook and journal includes resources for women struggling with pain, treatment options and infertility
- Jennie: Endometriosis signs and symptoms