RICHMOND COUNTY (WJBF) – Sgt. Charles Norton will be laid to rest on Tuesday.
Men and women in blue from Sheriff’s departments in several counties will escort the deputy casket to its final resting place.
The funeral service was held underneath the outdoor Awing at Kinsey and Walton Funeral Home on Peach Orchard Road. Man mourners gathered to pay their respects.
It is believed that Sgt. Norton is the first line of duty deputy in Richmond County to die of COVID-19.
RICHMOND COUNTY (WJBF) – The funeral for Sgt. Charles Norton will take place Tuesday, September 29th, at 10:00am.
The funeral will take place outside, under the awning at Kinsey & Walton Funeral Home.
The procession will leave between 11:45am and 12:00pm. The procession will travel north on Peach Orchard Road to I-520 east bound. It will continue on I-520 East and exit onto I-20 east bound. The procession will travel to Fort Jackson, SC., located in Richland County (Columbia).
During the procession to Fort Jackson, additional law enforcement escorts will be provided by Aiken County Sheriff’s Office, Lexington County Sheriff’s Office and the Richland County Sheriff’s Office.
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Free rides offered to and from CSRA polling sites
- Golden Apple: Stephanie Jones