McDUFFIE COUNTY, Ga (WJBF) – A suspect considered armed and dangerous is now in custody.
37-year-old Mario Clemons turned himself in Tuesday morning.
Clemons was wanted for a shooting that occurred this morning near Hawes Street in Thomson after the McDuffie County Sheriff’s Office was alerted to the area concerning a nearby disturbance around 1 a.m.
The initial investigation showed Clemons agreed to meet Brian Brinson on Hawes Street for a fist fight. Sometime during the meeting, shots were fired.
Clemons was suffering from a gunshot wound to his side when he turned himself in. He’s currently being treated at University McDuffie Hospital in Thomson. The investigation is still ongoing.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Illinois boy designs kids’ hospital gown, draws inspiration from sister’s surgeries
- Water shut off during pandemic without notice in Denmark
- Kayakers find deer swimming two miles from shore in Lake Erie, steer it to safety
- Pelosi on George Floyd death: ‘We saw a murder’
- Revenues down 1.7 million for Augusta Utilities Department