BAY CITY, Tx (CNN) – Authorities in Texas say the mother of a child found dead last month left that child and her two others alone at home to go to a bar.
According to police, 26-year-old Lauren Dean left her home January 30th.
An officer went to the apartment the next day on a CPS welfare check.
Dean invited an officer in, but when they checked on 7-year-old Jordynn Barrera they found her dead.
Barrera had been bedridden and non-communicative.
She had Down syndrome and cerebral palsy, and was on a feeding tube.
Dean is facing charges including Abandonment and Endangering a Child.
Her two other children were removed from the apartment.
- Denver inmate attempts escape by clinging under bus, while handcuffed
- RCSO searching for Aggravated Assault suspect
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press at 7:40 a.m.
- Here is the latest South Carolina news from The Associated Press at 7:40 a.m.
- Mother charged with fatally stabbing 5-year-old girl in Chicago