BAY CITY, Tx (CNN) – Authorities in Texas say the mother of a child found dead last month left that child and her two others alone at home to go to a bar.
According to police, 26-year-old Lauren Dean left her home January 30th.
An officer went to the apartment the next day on a CPS welfare check.
Dean invited an officer in, but when they checked on 7-year-old Jordynn Barrera they found her dead.
Barrera had been bedridden and non-communicative.
She had Down syndrome and cerebral palsy, and was on a feeding tube.
Dean is facing charges including Abandonment and Endangering a Child.
Her two other children were removed from the apartment.
- Biden’s historic Cabinet begins taking shape
- Out There…Somewhere: “Conduct” a tour of new sculptures
- Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
- Washington County and other rural counties in Georgia see shortage of COVID-19 vaccine
- SLIDESHOW | Inaugural memes of Bernie Sanders: the gift that keeps on giving