BAY CITY, Tx (CNN) – Authorities in Texas say the mother of a child found dead last month left that child and her two others alone at home to go to a bar.
According to police, 26-year-old Lauren Dean left her home January 30th.
An officer went to the apartment the next day on a CPS welfare check.
Dean invited an officer in, but when they checked on 7-year-old Jordynn Barrera they found her dead.
Barrera had been bedridden and non-communicative.
She had Down syndrome and cerebral palsy, and was on a feeding tube.
Dean is facing charges including Abandonment and Endangering a Child.
Her two other children were removed from the apartment.
- Walmart confirms it will launch a rival to Amazon’s Prime
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground