WAYNESBORO, Ga (WJBF) – A Plant Vogtle employee is reportedly being tested for Covid-19.
According to a company email, the individual is primarily in an office environment on the units three and four side of the plant.
Georgia Power released a statement this morning:
A non-manual worker is being tested. Georgia Power’s focus is always on protecting the safety and health of workers at the site and the company is taking every action to prepare for impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to draw on the expertise of medical professionals and consult the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Our proactive steps are designed to both prevent the spread of the virus and protect the safety and well-being of the site workforce.
Test results are expected back today. Employees who worked near that worker have been sent home as a precaution and if the test is positive, those workers will remain home for 14 days.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- Football Friday Night | Week 3
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
- Jennie: Meet international business coach Sabrina Philipp… and you may want to quit your 9-to-5, too!