AUGUSTA (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office and Goldcross EMS have responded to a pedestrian struck.
The incident happened at the intersection of Gordon Highway and Skyview Drive. No word if traffic is blocked.
According to police, the pedestrian was crossing Gordon Hwy when a black Honda Accord driving northbound hit them.
When the driver attempted to avoid hitting the person, it flipped causing damage to a fire hydrant. The driver and passenger were not seriously injured.
The pedestrian is believed to have a broken arm.
- Deputy helps paralyzed Florida man after wheelchair breaks during beach trip
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- Augusta bar braces for restrictions as re-opening nears
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic
- Jennie: Endometriosis workbook and journal includes resources for women struggling with pain, treatment options and infertility