Palace: Prince Philip admitted to a London hospital

News

LONDON (AP) – Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip has been admitted to a London hospital “as a precautionary measure.”

The palace said Friday that the 98-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II is in the King Edward VII hospital for observation and treatment of a pre-existing condition.

He had been at the royal family’s Sandringham estate in eastern England.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories