WJBF Staff - AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - An Ohio man is behind bars in Richmond County after having eluded capture for 28 years.
63-year-old James Patrick Dowiak was taken into custody on Thursday at his home on Reynolds Street.
Dowiak has been living in Augusta under the name, Ryan Scott Oalson, since 1990.
He was arrested on an outstanding out-of-state warrant for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections, Adult Parole Authority.
Dowiak is currently in the Richmond County Jail awaiting extradition back to Ohio.
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop