(CNN) – Representatives for former President Barack Obama are demanding a Republican super PAC stop airing an ad that quotes Obama.
The commercial in question uses Obama’s words to imply former Vice President joe biden supports “plantation politics.”
The former president’s lawyers say that quote comes from his audio book — and the statement was made by a barber in a completely different context more than 20 years ago.
They sent a cease-and-desist letter demanding a group called “The Committee to Defend the President” stops airing the ad across South Carolina.
Biden is depending heavily on black voters to help him achieve victory there.
Obama has mostly stayed out of the primary election.
He has not endorsed a candidate.
His words and image — though — have been heavily featured in campaign ads.
- Evans On Ice cancelled for 2020
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- Funeral held for man who died in a plane crash in Lincolton
- Live Vipir 6 Forecast Sunday, September 27th, 2020
- Another Falcons fold in 4th QT against Bears 30-26