ALBEMARLE, N.C. (WIVB) – A 31-year-old North Carolina man is facing felony charges for falsely saying he has coronavirus.
In a Facebook live video that’s been viewed more than 500,000 times on YouTube, Justin M. Rhodes is seen walking through Walmart saying that he “definitely tested positive” for COVID-19 and showing very little regard for those around him touching items and saying “If I got it, you all got it”.
Police collaborated with local health officials and discovered Rhodes did not have coronavirus. He was arrested for Felony Perpetrating a hoax in a Public Building and Disorderly Conduct.
Rhodes is scheduled to appear in court on March 30.
- Live VIPIR 6 Forecast Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- GA DA seeks revoked bond for ex-cop charged with murder
- Two Columbia County schools send home letters about COVID exposure
- Chasm grows between Trump and government coronavirus experts
- Local nurses to protest for more protection as part of national movement