No injuries after homes catch fire in Augusta

News

Augusta Fire crews put out fire at home.

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF)- Augusta Fire crews extinguished two fires across the area Sunday.

One fire happened earlier in the afternoon at a home on Barrett Lane, off Walton Way.
An official at the scene told NewsChannel 6 the homeowner was doing some renovations when they hit some electrical wiring. Everyone who was in the house was able to make it out safely.

Across town, the Red Cross stepped in to help a family in need after their home caught fire Sunday. The organization reported one person was inside a house on Fairhope Street when the fire started. They left unharmed, but the house did suffer some damage.

Below are ways that the public can help the Red Cross in assisting future families:

HOW TO HELPHelp people affected by disasters and countless other crises by making a gift to American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to, and help people recover from disasters big and small.People can donate by visiting redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED-CROSS, or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

BECOME A VOLUNTEER To join us, visit redcross.org today to learn more about volunteer opportunities and how to submit a volunteer application.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories