(CNN) – Former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson will kick off Discovery Channel’s Shark Week by taking on a new opponent.
The network says he will square off underwater against a shark, in the name of research.
The special is billed as “Tyson vs. Jaws: Rumble on the Reef.”
A promo shows him lifting weights, breaking a surfboard, knocking down a shark cage, and trying to blow up an inflatable raft.
There’s no word on exactly how Tyson and the shark will interact or what this face-off with entail.
But the network says no sharks were injured.
The special airs on the first day of shark week: Sunday, August 9th.
- Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan
- Live VIPIR 6 Forecast Thursday, April 22, 2021
- Girl, 9, saves family from early morning house fire in Summerville
- Sheriff: Deputy fatally shot Black man while serving warrant
- Kentucky mom accused of killing son, 10, after trying to cut out his tongue