(CNN) – Former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson will kick off Discovery Channel’s Shark Week by taking on a new opponent.
The network says he will square off underwater against a shark, in the name of research.
The special is billed as “Tyson vs. Jaws: Rumble on the Reef.”
A promo shows him lifting weights, breaking a surfboard, knocking down a shark cage, and trying to blow up an inflatable raft.
There’s no word on exactly how Tyson and the shark will interact or what this face-off with entail.
But the network says no sharks were injured.
The special airs on the first day of shark week: Sunday, August 9th.
- Ron Paul ‘doing fine’ after apparent medical incident during live show
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Newsfeed Now: Ginsburg becomes first woman to lie in state at US Capitol, protests continue across the country
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer