Musician Enlistment Option Program (MEOP)
Members of Marine Corps musical units become part of a proud, storied tradition, while playing their chosen instruments and serving the country as a United States Marine.
You will have the opportunity to serve with one of the 10 renowned Marine Corps bands throughout the world, or "The Commandant's Own" Marine Drum & Bugle Corps in Washington DC.
In addition to performing with your primary instrument, there are additional opportunities to become Bandmasters, Small Ensemble Leaders, Enlisted Conductors, Drum Majors, and Instrument Repair Technicians. Marine musicians can also apply to become Band Officers, who serve as the principal conductor and are ultimately responsible for the quality, morale and musical vision of the unit.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Wanted Richmond County man facing child cruelty charges
- Missing Anderson County teens could have been taken by mother
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect