UPDATE | COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga (WJBF) – The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office has announced the capture of both suspects connected to last week’s armed robbery.
Willie James Johnson was located in North Carolina and taken into custody, this week.
Tywan Rogers turned himself in Thursday morning.
Deputies say Johnson and Rogers robbed and shot the owner of Superstar Wine and Spirits after following him to his house on Riverside Drive last Thursday night.
The suspects fled the scene leading deputies on a chase that brought them near Ridge Road and Keg Creek Drive.
People who live in the area tell us deputies began searching the area around 11 p.m.
One resident even says the two suspects crashed their car right in her backyard.
“We’re scared and we won’t sleep good tonight, but being the small town, we are we protect each other. So, everybody’s ready up there.”
- Eating Local: Whiskey Alley
- LIVE TODAY: Alabama looks to extend historic ‘Third Saturday in October’ streak
- Remains found in search for 1921 Tulsa race massacre victims
- Watch: Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference