UPDATE | COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga (WJBF) – The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office has announced the capture of both suspects connected to last week’s armed robbery.
Willie James Johnson was located in North Carolina and taken into custody, this week.
Tywan Rogers turned himself in Thursday morning.
Deputies say Johnson and Rogers robbed and shot the owner of Superstar Wine and Spirits after following him to his house on Riverside Drive last Thursday night.
The suspects fled the scene leading deputies on a chase that brought them near Ridge Road and Keg Creek Drive.
People who live in the area tell us deputies began searching the area around 11 p.m.
One resident even says the two suspects crashed their car right in her backyard.
“We’re scared and we won’t sleep good tonight, but being the small town, we are we protect each other. So, everybody’s ready up there.”
- New Mayor elected in Williston
- Peace and Unity Parade happening in Waynesboro
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Residents report long wait times for setting up appointments for vaccines; more workers expected to take calls
- Vaccine registration issues in rural South Carolina