AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Coroner’s Office reports it launched an investigation into a fatal pedestrian hit.
It happened Saturday morning on Deans Bridge Road at Murphy Road.
The victim was involved in a car crash earlier at Deans Bridge Road and Milledgeville Road. A
fter that crash, the victim got out of his vehicle and began walking south on Deans Bridge Road. He was hit by a vehicle traveling south in the right lane.
A second vehicle traveling southbound in the left lane also hit the victim.
39-year-old Edward Thomas, of Augusta, died at the scene just before 7:00 a.m. No autopsy will be done.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Targeted cuts better for Augusta budget woes
- ‘It turned 2020 around for me’: Metro high school senior offered more than $1 million in scholarships
- Police escort man from Florida school board meeting after mask rant
- Luzerne County resident facing voter fraud charges after accusations of submitting absentee ballot application for deceased mother
- McDuffie County Schools expands in-person learning to 4 days a week
- Want to win over your Halloween boo? Try a funny costume
- Columbia County woman sentenced to federal prison in meth-trafficking conspiracy
- Pope endorses civil union law for same-sex couples