AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Coroner’s Office reports it launched an investigation into a fatal pedestrian hit.
It happened Saturday morning on Deans Bridge Road at Murphy Road.
The victim was involved in a car crash earlier at Deans Bridge Road and Milledgeville Road. A
fter that crash, the victim got out of his vehicle and began walking south on Deans Bridge Road. He was hit by a vehicle traveling south in the right lane.
A second vehicle traveling southbound in the left lane also hit the victim.
39-year-old Edward Thomas, of Augusta, died at the scene just before 7:00 a.m. No autopsy will be done.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Free rides offered to and from CSRA polling sites
- Greenville Co. deputy dies, 4 others injured after crashes on I-85NB
- Food insecurity increasing in the CSRA due to Covid
- Commission addresses Fire Department needs report
- Commissioners see where storm water funds have gone
- Augusta Commissioner says pay raise needed
- Augusta personal care home recently passed state investigation
- Ghost Face Gangster is final defendant sentenced in meth trafficking investigation