AUGUSTA (WJBF) – An employee at a local OB/GYN office has been charged with embezzlement.
Susan Thipgen is charged with Computer Theft under the Georgia Computer Crime statute.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office worked together on the investigation, during which it was discovered that Thigpen, while acting at the Office Manager at Women’s Health of Augusta, accessed the company’s web-based payroll portal and increased her salary.
During the time period from January of 2014 to June of 2019, Thigpen reportedly defrauded her employer of approximately $893,353.69 in unauthorized salary overpayments.
She was arrested August 10th by the RCSO and has since been released on a $27,700 bond.
The case has now been turned over to Augusta District Attorney Natalie Paine for consideration of additional charges.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message
- Deadly shooting investigation underway in Richmond County
- A second crash on Gordon Highway leaves two more people dead
- AUMC seeks approval from SC DHEC to provide vaccine in Aiken
- Ramsey Solutions personality shares ways to keep financial resolutions
- 93-year-old recalls Dr. King’s travels to Augusta