AUGUSTA (WJBF) – An employee at a local OB/GYN office has been charged with embezzlement.
Susan Thipgen is charged with Computer Theft under the Georgia Computer Crime statute.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office worked together on the investigation, during which it was discovered that Thigpen, while acting at the Office Manager at Women’s Health of Augusta, accessed the company’s web-based payroll portal and increased her salary.
During the time period from January of 2014 to June of 2019, Thigpen reportedly defrauded her employer of approximately $893,353.69 in unauthorized salary overpayments.
She was arrested August 10th by the RCSO and has since been released on a $27,700 bond.
The case has now been turned over to Augusta District Attorney Natalie Paine for consideration of additional charges.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Area tow truck convoy escorts driver’s body to Aiken
- Laney High School closure extended
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- Football Friday Night | Week 3
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87