After staring at a black screen Monday night, thanks to my cable provider, I caught up on week two of “Dancing With The Stars” Tuesday night. I was told that the stars stepped up their performances this week, and I have to agree – with the exception of a few. And I definitely had a couple of favorites during the night.
– Considering he surprised me in week one, I was really excited to see what week two would hold. I’ll admit that I was disappointed. It wasn’t horrible, but I expected more. It was quite evident that Chris was struggling with the counts. I think in the end he was so focused on trying to figure those out that he didn’t focus as much on the actual dance.
– Suzanne was definitely improved this week, and I’m sure that nerves played into the “eh” performance last week. I still thought she would be better on a whole. She’s so spunky, I really expected to see more of that on the dance floor. Yes, there was more of it this week, but I think there is more in there.
– I know I said it last week, but Robert just surprises me. He’s fun to watch and he makes me smile. He seems so carefree when he’s dancing, and I know that he chose to do the show in memory of his mom. I think he’s giving her a wonderful tribute. I’m not sure how much fan support he has, but he can definitely move.
– Still shaky, but Charlotte did better this week. She was obviously feeling the pressure after last week. There is still plenty of room for improvement, but I definitely saw improvement in her dance. I’m looking forward to seeing her do something like the Waltz or Foxtrot. I get the feeling she would do better in hold.
– Michael has a natural swagger. It’s something we’ve seen season after season with professional football players. Their moves translate well between the football field and dance floor. He’s no exception. Of course fan support will play a big part in how long he lasts in the competition, but he’s definitely got talent.
– Rumor has quickly become one of my favorites to watch this season. She is a force to be reckoned with. It’s very easy to forget that she’s not one of the professionals. That being said, I was really disappointed in her scores from the judges. I really thought she deserved a 9 somewhere in the bunch and was shocked that not even Bruno gave it to her.
– This dance was much more along the lines of what I expected from Redfoo last week. I’m not sure it would’ve changed the end result, but it was definitely more on point with what I thought we would get from him.
– The concept for this dance was really cool, and I thought it was good. I saw some blunders on the footwork that the judges never mentioned though. They were simply full of praise. I do think she is good, but she was given the same score as Rumor, who I believe did better.
– It’s so hard for me to say anything negative about Noah. Every time he steps onto the dance floor I’m just amazed. He has so much more courage and strength than I have. I think he’s doing as well as he can do given his limitations. He’s never going to be the best dancer out there, but he’s working just as hard as everyone else, and I admire that.
– I know this isn’t my first time saying this… The Rumba is one of my absolute favorite dances. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen someone do the dance justice on the show, but Nastia and Derek did. The dance was absolutely gorgeous. It’s ranked as one of my favorite dances this week.
– Last week I said I was curious to see how Riker would do with a dance that was more refined than the Jive. This week I got it, and I thought he did a great job. I think he could definitely hang in this competition for awhile.
– I want Patti to be my grandma! She is so much fun. She’s simply full of energy when she gets on the dance floor, and you can tell how much she is enjoying the competition. She may not be the best technically, but she brings a lot of fun to the ballroom.
It surprised me to see Redfoo go out in the first elimination. I really thought that he would have more fan support that would keep him in a few weeks. Granted, I didn’t think he would last a long time, but I definitely see him leaving the first week.
For me it’s currently a toss-up as to who I think will be leaving in week two. I’m going back and forth between Charlotte and Suzanne. I think either is completely possible. Charlotte’s personal story with the attacks from social media may have gotten her some extra votes this week. I’m not sure. Either Charlotte or Suzanne could go in the next elimination; I don’t think either star has a long lifeline in the competition. If I had to make a call — which I always make myself do — I would go with Charlotte being eliminated on Monday.
Let me know your thoughts, and check back each week for my thoughts on the show. You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –