WASHINGTON (AP) — Lady Gaga will sing the national anthem at Joe Biden’s inauguration and Jennifer Lopez will give a musical performance on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol when Biden is sworn in as the nation’s 46th president next Wednesday.
The announcement of their participation comes one day after word that Tom Hanks will host a 90-minute primetime TV special celebrating Biden’s inauguration. Other performers include Justin Timberlake, Jon Bon Jovi, Demi Lovato and Ant Clemons.
At the swearing-in ceremony, the Rev. Leo O’Donovan, a former Georgetown University president, will give the invocation and the Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Andrea Hall, a firefighter from Georgia.
There will be a poetry reading from Amanda Gorman, the first national youth poet laureate, and the benediction will be given by Rev. Silvester Beaman of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Sen. Lindsey Graham urges politicians to stop the second impeachment of President Trump
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate