KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knoxville man is facing child abuse and neglect charges after witnesses say he threw a 1-year-old child.
Jacquez Davis was taken into custody on Monday after officers responded to a domestic dispute between Davis and his girlfriend. The victim told officers their verbal argument had turned physical.
Davis allegedly punched the woman in the face before throwing their child a distance of more than 15 feet over a concrete parking lot.
Luckily the woman caught the child in her arms and told police she will follow up with medical professionals to check for injuries.
Davis is charged with domestic assault and interfering with 911 calls along with child abuse and endangerment.
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 4/4/20 PM
- Coronavirus skeptic gains new perspective after being hospitalized with it
- Through the looking glass: Thrive at Augusta finds a new way to talk to loved ones
- Madonna donates $1M to Gates’ Foundation Coronavirus-Relief efforts to find COVID-19 prevention, treatment
- At funerals in virus outbreak, mourning is from a distance