(AP) – Hundreds of people have been ordered to report for jury duty in Georgia for what could be a long, laborious effort to find jurors to hear the trial of three white men charged with fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery.
The slaying of the 25-year-old Black man in 2020 sparked a national outcry fueled by graphic video of the shooting.
Prosecutors say Arbery was merely jogging in the defendants’ neighborhood just outside the port city of Brunswick.
Defense attorneys insist the three men committed no crimes.
- 1,000 summoned as possible jurors in Arbery slaying trial
- Authorities arrest ex-Brunswick DA on charges linked to Ahmaud Arbery death investigation
- Men who chased, killed Ahmaud Arbery plead not guilty in federal court
- Three Georgia men charged with federal hate crimes, attempted kidnapping in death of Ahmaud Arbery
- ‘That was my baby’ Ahmaud Arbery remembered in Burke County