AUGUSTA (WJBF) – The death penalty trial man accused of gunning down a Richmond County investigator begins Thursday.
Jury selection begins for the trial against Alvin Hester.
He’s accused of shooting to death Cecil Ridley in 2019 at a convenience store in Augusta.
Hester is facing 16 felony charges in this case.
- Dozens of dead bodies found floating in India’s Ganges River
- Japan pushes Olympics despite state of emergency, population that’s just 1% vaccinated against coronavirus
- Tina Turner, Jay-Z, Foo Fighters, Go-Go’s among Rock & Roll Hall inductees
- Norman Lloyd, star of ‘Saboteur,’ ‘St. Elsewhere,’ dies at 106
- One lane blocked on I-20 in McDuffie County following tractor-trailer fire