LAMAR, SC (WBTW) – A murder suspect has been released on bond after spending nearly two years locked up.
Devon Demarco Rembert, 18, of Hartsville, bonded out of the Darlington County jail on Thursday after being charged in April 2018 for the shooting death of a teenager in Lamar. His bond was $65,000.
Rembert was charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime when he was 16. His bond was denied during repeated attempts in the past.
Germaine McCoy, who was 18 at the time of his death, died at the scene of the shooting near Cambridge Apartments.
Count on News13 as we work to learn more.
- Area tow truck convoy escorts driver’s body to Aiken
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- Laney High School closure extended
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Richmond County officer facing charges following physical altercation