Grovetown, Ga. (WJBF) – Nicholas Nunes, former Richmond County Deputy, has applied for a job with the Grovetown Department of Public Safety.
Nunes resigned following an altercation with another deputy at the scene of a crime on Peach Orchard Rd. in February.
The city of Grovetown confirms the Human Resources Department is awaiting results of Nunes background check. An offer of employment is pending.
Mayor Gary Jones says he believes,
Nunes is a good officer with an outstanding record and the city believes our police department could utilize his talent and skills as a law enforcement officer.
Stay tuned to NewsChannel 6 for more information on this developing story.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Woman throws boxes of shoes at Oklahoma store worker after being asked to wear face mask, then leaves wallet behind
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- Police: Seoul mayor reported missing, search underway
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Lake Piru