Grovetown, Ga. (WJBF) – Nicholas Nunes, former Richmond County Deputy, has applied for a job with the Grovetown Department of Public Safety.
Nunes resigned following an altercation with another deputy at the scene of a crime on Peach Orchard Rd. in February.
The city of Grovetown confirms the Human Resources Department is awaiting results of Nunes background check. An offer of employment is pending.
Mayor Gary Jones says he believes,
Nunes is a good officer with an outstanding record and the city believes our police department could utilize his talent and skills as a law enforcement officer.
Stay tuned to NewsChannel 6 for more information on this developing story.
LATEST NEWS STORIES
- Quarantine protocols and testing continue for Vogtle workers; no positive cases confirmed
- Parking lots in downtown Augusta become places of prayer and celebration
- Emmy-winning musician Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Local “Teacher Parade” shows school spirit and love
- America Knits in Swainsboro fulfilling new mission for Presidential Task Force