GROVETOWN (WJBF) – A Grovetown convicted felon has been sentenced to federal prison after pleading guilty to possessing a pipe bomb.
Police responded to the home of 36-year old James Richard Grates in April.
Investigators searched the property and seized homemade explosives made from pipe and black powder and additional materials for constructing pipe bombs, along with a shotgun and two rifles, drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Grates was sentenced to 84 months in prison.
- U.S. Naval Air Forces say aircrew did not survive plane crash in Magnolia Springs
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Live Vipir 6 Forecast Friday, October 23rd, 2020
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- “Out There…Somewhere” Scarecrows take center stage in Barnwell