SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) - Savannah is moving ahead with its plans to construct a $140 million arena.
The Savannah City Council recently awarded AECOM Hunt an $11.2 million construction management contract for the planned facility.
The Savannah Morning News reports that AECOM will manage construction of the planned 269,000-square-foot arena.
It's expected to contain about 9,000 seats, 12 luxury suites and 450 club seats.
The construction manager is expected to work closely with the architectural team during the design and construction phases of the arena to bring the project in on schedule and within budget.
Construction of the arena is expected to begin next year and be completed in the summer of 2021.
Information from: Savannah Morning News, http://www.savannahnow.com
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Burke County accident blocks traffic on Highway 25
- Drop-in Thanksgiving lunch held in New Ellenton, South Carolina
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect