ATLANTA (WJBF) - Republicans Brad Raffensperger and Chad Eaton win the two statewide runoff elections in Georgia Tuesday night.
Raffensperger, a state lawmaker from the Atlanta area, defeated former congressman John Barrow to become the state's next Secretary of State.
Eaton became Public Service Commissioner defeating Democrat Lindy Miller.
Raffensperger will succeed Governor-elect Brian Kemp.
“I’m going to make sure that elections are clean, fair and accurate. And that’s the No. 1 priority as your next secretary of state,” Raffensperger told supporters late Tuesday night, according to the Associated Press.
Kemp tweeted his congratulations to both candidates Tuesday night:
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect