AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office has concluded its search of the county landfill, in reference to a missing man.
John Scott Devore was reported missing March 14th after leaving his home on March 12th and not returning.
On March 16th, Ronald and Margaret Harris were identified as people of interest in the case. They were located in Wrens, Ga. on March 17th and taken into custody for burglarizing Devore’s home.
Ronald Harris was charged with Murder on March 20th.
On the same day, RCSO deputies began a search of the Richmond County landfill in reference to Devore’s disappearance.
The Sheriff’s Office has now ended the landfill search after failing to find any evidence regarding the case.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details in this case as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Quarantine protocols and testing continue for Vogtle workers; no positive cases confirmed
- Parking lots in downtown Augusta become places of prayer and celebration
- Emmy-winning musician Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Local “Teacher Parade” shows school spirit and love
- America Knits in Swainsboro fulfilling new mission for Presidential Task Force
- You could face up to a year and or a $1,000 fine in Washington County if you violate the Local State of Emergency
- ‘Phase 4’: Lawmakers prepare for next coronavirus relief, economic stimulus package