AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office has concluded its search of the county landfill, in reference to a missing man.
John Scott Devore was reported missing March 14th after leaving his home on March 12th and not returning.
On March 16th, Ronald and Margaret Harris were identified as people of interest in the case. They were located in Wrens, Ga. on March 17th and taken into custody for burglarizing Devore’s home.
Ronald Harris was charged with Murder on March 20th.
On the same day, RCSO deputies began a search of the Richmond County landfill in reference to Devore’s disappearance.
The Sheriff’s Office has now ended the landfill search after failing to find any evidence regarding the case.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details in this case as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Back the Blue and Trump Rally held in Thomson
- Protesters say that nothing has been done to remove the Market House
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- US Senate candidate spends the day campaigning in Augusta
- University Hospital plans to withdraw funding from one of its physician groups