GEORGIA (WJBF) – NSA leaker Reality Winner has been released from federal prison.
Winner’s family states that her release was not due to a pardon or compassionate release, but time earned from exemplary behavior.
Her attorney states that Winner is barred from public statements and appearances.
In 2018, Winner was sentenced to 5 years for sending confidential information regarding Russian meddling in the 2016 election to online media outlet, The Intercept, while working for the NSA at Fort Gordon.
Winner’s attorney tweeted the following statement on behalf of her family:
NewsChannel 6 has followed Winner’s case since the beginning:
- Augusta contractor charged with leaking classified NSA info on Russian hacking
- Reality Winner’s attorney makes statement on NSA leak
- Reality Winner’s neighbors speak out
- Cybersecurity expert weighs in on alleged leak
- Family of accused classified information leaker speaks
- Reality Winner denied bond
- Reality Winner’s parents talk with NewsChannel 6
- Accused leaker Reality Winner pleads not guilty, judge denies her bond
- Lawyers for accused NSA leaker asking for some evidence to be thrown out
- Accused NSA leaker Reality Winner pleads guilty
- Jailed leaker Reality Winner thanks President Trump for tweet