AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Georgia’s Governor teaming up with the Richmond County Sheriff to help in the fight against gang violence.
They are announcing the arrests of several members of the dangerous organized street gang known as the Ghostface Gangsters Criminal Street Gang.
The investigation began in January 2018.
Investigators state that the case stretches across three states, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.
The Ghostface Gangsters are allegedly the fastest growing white gang in the country at approximately 5,000 members, comprised primarily of white supremacists.
The Richmond County Sheriff’s Gang Intelligence Unit compiled information on 163 Ghostface Gangster members and associates in the Augusta-Richmond County area, and a 136 count indictment has been drafted alleging that 77 members and associates have been implicated in violations of the Georgia Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act, The Georgia Racketeer Influenced Criminal Organizations Act, and numerous criminal violations.
The investigations is the largest gang investigation in the state of Georgia.
The suspects are reportedly facing the following charges:
- Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder
- Trafficking / Distribution / Possession of Methamphetamine
- Trafficking / Distribution / Possession of Heroin
- Distribution of Marijuana
- Distribution of Cocaine
- Possession of MDMA
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer
- Kidnapping with Bodily Injury
- False Imprisonment
- Possession of Firearms by Convicted Felons
- Possession of Firearms During Commission of a Felony
- Hindering the Apprehension of a Felon
- Obstruction of a Law Enforcement Officer
- Criminal Attempt to Commit Theft by Extortion
- Printing, Executing or Negotiating Fictitious Checks
- Theft by Taking Motor Vehicle
- Theft by Receiving Motor Vehicle
- Tampering with Evidence
- Trafficking Persons for Sexual Servitude
The following is a list of defendants in the case: