ATLANTA (WJBF) – The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office is holding a press conference updating on the count in Tuesday’s runoff election.
This comes after the Associated Press called one of Georgia’s two Senate runoffs early Wednesday morning for Democrat Raphael Warnock.
The winner of the Perdue-Ossoff race will determine which party will control the U.S. Senate and, in turn, the fate of President-elect Joe Biden’s legislative agenda.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Vaccination rate up since VaxUp incentive program
- FDA to review Pfizer vaccine for kids, vaccinations as early as Nov. 4
- Augusta mask mandate begins
- Western Carolina State Fair back and open for business
- Sheriff: SC man serving in US Army accused of murdering grandparents in Chester County, arrested in Germany
- Moderna says its low-dose COVID shot safe, effective for kids 6 to 11
- Brian Laundrie’s parents ‘grieving privately’; cause of death still undetermined, lawyer says
- Rare ‘flesh-eating’ STD on the rise in UK, doctor warns