ATLANTA, Ga. (WJBF) – New data released by the Georgia Department of Health shows that the first reported death in the state came on March 5th — that’s a week earlier than the first reported date back on march 12th. That’s when a 67-year-old man died at Wellstar Kennestone with COVID-19 complications.
To put things into perspective, the first cases reported in Georgia were on Monday, March 2nd, so the death comes just 3 days after the first supposed known cases entered Georgia.
That case — was a traveler who had recently returned from Italy.
MORE ON CORONAVIRUS
- Kemp’s new plan and public health emergency extension
- Batman signaled to save world during COVID-19 pandemic
- Faith Over Fear Crosses: A local homeowner’s association is telling residents to take them down, and some are not too happy
- Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp gives COVID-19 update
- Gov. McMaster extends State of Emergency another 15 days