LAGRANGE, Ga. (WJBF) - Authorities say a baby's body was found in a portable cooler bag on the side of a Georgia road.
News outlets report the newborn's body was found Sunday afternoon. According to the Troup County Sheriff's Office, witnesses said the cooler had been on the side of a road for several days, and possibly up to a week.
Sgt. Stewart Smith says the sex of the baby could not be determined immediately.
Authorities say an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high