(WJBF) - The flu numbers are going up in Georgia and South Carolina.
Health officials say 38 more people have died from the virus in SC since last week.
That is now a total of 84 deaths from the flu or related illnesses in the palmetto state.
DHEC believes it is due to the recent outbreak this season.
And in Georgia, the first child has died from the sickness this week.
The 15-year-old was from Coweta County and suffered liver failure.
Now, the total of flu deaths has jumped to 37 in Georgia.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high