(WJBF) — If you’re looking for a break from the rain, you’ll have to wait a couple more days.
Showers will continue to push through the CSRA through Thursday, with highs only reaching the mid-40s to mid-50s.
VIPIR 6 Alert Days have been posted for Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. A strong cold front will bring in arctic air Friday afternoon and the area will become very windy.
Wind chills could give us single-digit temperatures on Saturday and Christmas morning with lows in the upper teens. Highs Saturday and Christmas Day will only be in the mid to upper-30s.
Stay ALERT with the FREE App
Take the power and reliability of WJBF Live VIPIR 6 with you wherever you go! Download the FREE app from WJBF and be prepared when severe or wintry weather strikes. Get the CSRA’s most accurate forecast and stay alert when you sign up for VIPIR 6 Alerts.
- Customizable severe weather alerts up to 15 minutes faster than any other weather app
- Integrated weather alerts with Baron Tornado Index (BTI) rankings built-in*
- Interactive radar with 24-hour futurecast, pan and zoom, and interactive overlays
- Visible and infrared satellite cloud imagery
- Current conditions based on your location
- Hourly and extended forecasts in both quick view or detailed format
- Customizable locations by zip or city, up to 16 locations including your current location
- Regional and nationwide temperature map
*The Baron-exclusive alerts are accompanied by a simple 1-to-10 ranking on the likelihood of a tornado with the approaching storm cell. Called the Baron Tornado Index (BTI), this ranking is more local and accurate than regional alerts.