TROUP COUNTY, Ga. (WRBL) – The Troup County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a Franklin man on multiple sex related charges after he attempted to arrange a meeting with a child for sex.
Steven Wayne Webb, 53, was arrested on Thursday after an investigation by the Georgia Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force was started on him in late January.
On Jan. 28, an investigator working undercover as an underage male child, made contact with Webb. Investigators say during the communication, Webb sent explicit conversation and images to the undercover officer. Webb later arranged to met with the undercover officer for sex.
Officers with the Troup County Sheriff’s Office were waiting to arrest Webb at the arranged meeting. He was arrested on Feb. 13.
Webb is charged with Criminal Attempt Aggravated Child Molestation and two counts of Child Exploitation under the Child Exploitation and Prevent Act. He is currently being held in the Troup County Jail.
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground
- Today is Pokémon Day!: Google announces the ‘Pokémon’ of the Year’