AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - An icon of Augusta politics has died.
Doug Barnard Jr. dead Thursday night at the age of 95.
Congressman Doug Barnard represented Georgia's 10th-district in the House of Representatives from 1977 to 1993.
Before that, he was an attorney and banker and served during World War Two.
Route 56 to Augusta Regional Airport now bears his name.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect