FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence priest denied former Vice President Joe Biden communion, saying he did so because Biden supports abortion.
Rev. Robert E. Morey, a priest at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Florence, says he refused Holy Communion to the former vice president on Sunday.
“Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to former Vice President Joe Biden. Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that,” Rev. Morey says in a statement to News13. “Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching. As a priest, it is my responsibility to minister to those souls entrusted to my care, and I must do so even in the most difficult situations. I will keep Mr. Biden in my prayers.”
Count on News13 for updates.
- Mother of George Floyd’s young daughter speaks out as friends march through Houston
- Aiken City leaders will hold press conference to address protests
- Georgia bars and nightclubs hopeful for the future after re-opening
- Governor Kemp on State protests
- Total number of cases of COVID-19 in CSRA, SC & GA