BLYTHE, Ga (WJBF) – UPATE: Fire Crews responded to the scene of the house fire on Church Street around 10:30 a.m.
The owner ran to the store while his daughter and cousin, two girls 12 and 13, called him saying there was smoke in the home.
The fire began along the back wall near the stove area. No exact cause has been determined at this time. The girls made it our of the home safely.
The house suffered damage to the roof, living quarters and roof. There were also three dogs in the house. The mother and two puppies. The mother died in the fire.
The home is a complete loss, Red Cross has been called to assist the family find alternative housing.
The Augusta Fire Department responded to a house fire in Blythe.
The home is on Church Street.
The house suffered heavy damage in the fire and officials are saying it is unlivable.
Authorities and local organizations are currently trying to determine how to help the family and if they have a place to stay tonight.
- You may be surprised to see who oddsmakers think will win the 2024 election
- Newsfeed Now: Final preparations for Inauguration Day, Saints fans discuss possible Drew Brees retirement
- 11 actions Biden has promised to take on ‘Day One’ as president
- Americus man charged in crimes related to violence at the Capitol, US Attorney says
- Aiken investigators searching for a kidnapping suspect