PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Emergency crews are on the scene of a fiery train derailment in eastern Kentucky.
A Pike County Emergency Management official says two crew members of the CSX train were initially trapped Thursday morning.
He wasn’t sure whether they were injured but said crews were trying to extricate them. He said a flammable liquid was leaking into a nearby waterway.
Officials were still trying to identify it. The derailment happened in a rural area near the Russell Fork of the Big Sandy River. Video showed a wooded area behind homes ablaze.
- Walmart confirms it will launch a rival to Amazon’s Prime
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground