BURKE COUNTY, Ga (WJBF) – One person is dead after a fatal accident Thursday morning in Burke County.
The accident happened on Highway 24 at Stripp Lane just before 7:45 a.m. Three cars were involved.
The drivers of all three vehicles involved were transported to Burke Medical Hospital.
Investigators tell us that 40-year-old Shalonda Free-Gardner died as a result of her injuries.
We’re told she was a para-professional at Blakeney Elementary School.
The Burke County Sheriff’s Office offers their condolences to the friends and family of Shalonda as well as their school system family.
Amy Nunnally, the PIO for Burke County Public Schools gave the following statement about Shalonda Free-Gardener,
“The Burke County School community is deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Shalonda Free-Gardner. Ms. Free was an outstanding paraprofessional at Blakeney Elementary School who cared very deeply about the success and well-being of each and every one of her students. Our thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family.”
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Man missing for more than three months; community wants answers
- Richmond County schools preparing for Spring semester
- Local ministry and La – Z- Boy furniture providing furniture to families in need
- Daughter speaks after mother escapes extremely hot personal care home with carbon monoxide
- Targeted cuts better for Augusta budget woes
- ‘It turned 2020 around for me’: Metro high school senior offered more than $1 million in scholarships
- Police escort man from Florida school board meeting after mask rant
- Luzerne County resident facing voter fraud charges after accusations of submitting absentee ballot application for deceased mother