CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Beatles fans around the world are expected to pay tribute to John Lennon on the 40th anniversary of his death Tuesday.
The rock star and former Beatle was shot to death outside his New York City apartment building by an apparently deranged fan on Dec. 8, 1980.
Lennon was a founding member of The Beatles and went on to have solo success with hits like “Imagine” and “(Just Like) Starting Over”.
The man who killed Lennon, Mark David Chapman, is still behind bars. He lost his 11th bid for parole earlier this year.
- Suspect sought for Aggravated Stalking in Richmond County
- Boyhood home of Malcolm X gets historic designation in Boston
- ‘It’s not fair’: Rioter who put his feet up in Pelosi’s office complains to judge
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Chipotle, e.l.f. team up to satisfy your hunger for beauty