GROVETOWN, Ga (WJBF) – Crews are on the scene of a fatal accident involving an 18-wheeler and a Fulton County Sheriff’s Office vehicle on I-20 in Grovetown.
The incident happened on Interstate-20 Eastbound at Exit 190, Grovetown exit.
The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office tells us that two Fulton County Deputies were killed as a result of the accident.
Fulton County’s Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Jimmy Carter has identified them as Deputy Kenny Ingram, a 15-year-veteran of the department, and Deputy Anthony White, a 6-year-veteran of the department.
We’re told the two were enroute to pick up at least one prisoner for transport.
Chief Deputy Carter tells us chaplains have been deployed to the headquarters in the Fulton County Courthouse, the county jail, the law enforcement division to which the two deputies were assigned and to the homes of the fallen deputy’s families.
“The loss has deeply affected most if not all of the employees within the sheriff’s office.”
Also happening on I-20 in Columbia County, deputies are responding to an accident at Mile Marker 181.
This is a developing story.
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Free rides offered to and from CSRA polling sites
- Golden Apple: Stephanie Jones