EDGEFIELD, Sc (WJBF) – Overnight in Edgefield County, just a few miles from North Augusta, a single-car accident resulted in the driver’s death.
The coroner has confirmed that driver as 24-year old Matthew Blaine Harley of North Augusta.
Around 12:30 a.m., South Carolina State Troopers responded to Murrah Road where a 2018 Toyota SUV had driven off the road.
After striking several mailboxes and a utility pole, the SUV rolled down an embankment and came to rest in an overturned position, trapping Harley, who was not wearing a seatbelt.
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- ‘He was just crying’: Doctor in PPE hugs elderly COVID-19 patient who was missing wife on Thanksgiving
- Second stimulus checks: New bipartisan effort to pass COVID relief
- A place of comfort for families with hospitalized loved ones