DILLON, SC (WBTW) – A Dillon woman who is charged in connection to the death of her 2-year-old child has been released on bond.
According to the 4th Circuit Solicitor’s Office, Okedia Colvin, 33, of Dillon was released on bond Monday morning. A judge determined she is not a flight risk and not a danger to the community as she has no criminal record and she doesn’t have custody of her other children.
She is charged with homicide by child abuse and/or neglect after SLED accused her of not seeking proper medical attention for her son’s malfunctioning feeding tube.
Her family says she would never do anything to hurt her children.
Count on News13 for updates.
- 2020 Nike EYBL Peach Jam cancelled
- Protesters gather on Wrightsboro Road Saturday for a peaceful march
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/30/20 PM
- Several take to the streets in Augusta following death of man in police custody out of state
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31