ATLANTA, Ga. (WJBF) - - This month women all over the world will shed light on PCOS. September 1 marks the first ever World PCOS Day of Unity and kicks off PCOS Awareness Month. PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a genetic, hormonal, metabolic and reproductive disorder affecting up to 15 percent of women. PCOS Challenge: The National Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Association, organized women all over the world to break the silence about various symptoms, such as infertility and depression. Iconic landmarks will turn teal this month in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Ireland, Kenya and New Zealand. For more information on upcoming PCOS workshops and events visit PCOS Challenge: The National Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Association.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high