AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - You can help the victims of Hurricane Florence struggling to get back on their feet.
On Thursday, Oct. 4 WJBF NewsChannel 6 is teaming up with the Augusta Chapter of the American Red Cross for a telethon to raise money for Hurricane Florence victims.
Some members of the local chapter are in parts of North Carolina right now responding and helping people recover from the disaster.
On Monday night, nearly 1,000 people stayed in Red Cross shelters across the storm-ravaged areas.
Phone lines will open Thursday morning starting at 6 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m.
You can call 706-828-7330 or donate on our website by clicking here.
You can also text "FLORENCE" to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Calls for Hollywood boycott of Georgia
- Georgia Gov. Elect Kemp announces transition team
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect