AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - A water main break is blocking traffic on the 1400 block of Brown Road in South Augusta.
It happened shortly before ten this morning at the intersection of Brown Road and Timberwood Drive.
There is some concern the break is undermining the road.
Officials say the 1400 block of Brown Road will be closed from Fairbluff Road to Aintree Road until or at least til 7 p.m.
Crews on the scene tell us that water will be shut off for the surrounding area for the next 6 to 8 hours.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more on this developing story.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high